Tuesday, November 11, 2008

sorority sisters

I never pledged a sorority while I was in college, however, two of my very best friends are in sororities. Liz is an Alpha Nu Omega at McDaniel and Desi is an Alpha Gamma Delta at Seton Hall. I never even considered pledging but being so close with two people who are in sororities, I get to see the other side of it as well. If I didn't have Liz and Desi in my life, I'd most likely think about what a crazy idea pledging is. You know, the whole idea of "why would you pay for your friends?" etc. But at the same time, it's a crazy bond that not many people could break.

This past weekend I visited Liz at her school for their Homecoming. As I mentioned before, I'm literally obsessed with quotes and when Liz was pledging, she needed a bunch of friendship quotes for something - and fast. I, of course, sent her a document like 20 pages long and needless to say, her entire pledge class loves me because of that. After she was done pledging I visited for a weekend and they were all so nice to me. So now, whenever I visit, they all take me under their wing and we always have so much fun.

Same goes for Desi. Because I lived with Desi while she was pledging, her and our other friend Amanda, would call me whenever they needed something. My favorite was when they needed to be dressed in black for something. they had to run back to the dorm and get it so they call ed me on their way and I had it ready for them when they got back. After that, whenever I'd be at cryans and meet a gam that I knew OF through Desi, I'd introduce myself. This happened so often that i slowly but surely got to know most of them. A few weeks ago, Desi invited me to Hoboken for this kids birthday, and it was just her and her sisters mainly but I went and had so much fun with them.

I just think it's funny to see the other side of "greek life" and sometimes it makes me wonder if I'd have done things differently knowing what I know now.

4 comments:

micahwave said...

on ur fridge eatin ur cupcakes, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Shana said...

who are youuu?

micahwave said...

Me? Just a big fan of cupcakes and your blog. I hear you're a Legend!

Unknown said...

i am dying!!!