Saturday, December 6, 2008

What a Wonderful World...

I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone, but I remained very close to the people I met during my freshman year of college. I lived on the 5th floor of North Boland hall and my entire floor was very tight knit. i lived with desiree and we lived across the hall from 4 boys who were all from South Plainfield, NJ. Jason, Tom, Greg and Rob. They had all gone to high school together and decided they'd stick together at Seton Hall as well. As the year went on, we all got very close because we spent so much of our time together. Between the classes, the silly string fights, the blackouts, the infamous "last night" (where i may or may not have cried hysterically..) they all became some of my very best friends. Here's a picture from the last night of freshmen year. Please excuse how i look. The night involved a lot of goodbyes, alcohol and tears.



Greg played the bass guitar and would bring it out sometimes to entertain us all. At the end of freshman year he told us that he wouldn't be coming back in the fall because this little band asked him to be their bassist. That was in 2005, and now, in 2008, The Jonas Brothers are one of the biggest bands out there.

The other 3 South Plainfield boys stuck it out at Seton Hall, until the middle of the fall semester of senior year when Rob decided to drop out. Turns out, The Jonas Brothers needed a photographer to go on tour with them. Greg, being the great guy that he is, mentioned his friend Rob, Setonian photographer and next thing you know, the two of them are literally traveling around the world with the jonas brothers.

Talk about luck! On Thanksgiving, after stuffing my face with tons of turkey and stuffing, i sat down to watch some football. Next thing you know, it was halftime of the Cowboys game and who do I see? Good old Greg. And this past week when I turned on NBC to catch some of the Christmas Tree Lighting special, who do i see? Greg.



it's crazy! the other day i googled him just for fun and found some CREEPY fan clubs for him. ridiculous.

I think it's true that good things happen to good people. I couldn't be happier for these two guys.

2 comments:

dzignjulz said...

that's really funny... good for them :)

micahwave said...

Hey, do you want to watch football together sometime? I'll bring the cupcakes.