Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year

It seems as though mostly everyone has fallen off the blog bandwagon during this holiday season, and I have to admit that I have as well. A lot has happened since my last update. I’ll try to recap in as little words as possible:

-Christmas: it was great. I worked on the 23rd and then headed to my parents house for about a week and a half. I didn’t have to be back in work until Jan 2nd so that was a plus. My top gifts included a black ipod classic, a Bluetooth headset, new ugg boots, an automatic car starter from my brother, a zebra purse from annie, an adorable notepad with a picture and quote of us on it from liz and a ring/bracelet set from my grandma.

-New Years: Also great (from what I can remember). My friends and I went to a bar called Bourbon Blue in Manayunk for New Years Eve. It was $80 for a top shelf open bar from 9-1, which included a complimentary coat check and champagne toast, a dinner buffet and a $20 gift card to go back to the restaurant/bar in the future. I have to say that the place was really nice and it was good for my friends and I to be able to get dressed up and look very nice. The Bacardi and cokes did me in though, and at one point I took off my heels and must’ve stepped on a broken glass (considering my parents dug glass out of my foot for a good hour the next day…)

-Friends: With 2008 ending and a whole new year upon us, I realized how important it is to realize who your real friends are. I feel like I’ve finally stumbled upon a very nice mix of people who I find myself extremely comfortable around. I have a whole list of resolutions but the most important is that I am no longer going to tip toe around friends. If I don’t feel comfortable around them then they clearly aren’t a good friends. So far it’s been working out great.


No comments: