Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's just another f@%$ing day, but happy 50th anyway!

my amazing father turned 50 on january 23rd. My family and I have been planning a surprise party for him since about..september. It finally all went down this weekend. We had about 75 people show up, including my best friend from childhood, Adrian - who flew in from nebraska JUST for this party. we had family members, coworkers, and friends of everyone. there were people there that we hadn't seen in YEARS too. liz came up from maryland and we had many many family friends chip in with food, decorations and set up. i made a whole collage of pictures and we had a cake that was perfect for my dad - it had a picture of him in his kanye west glasses and his well-known saying "it's just another f@$%ing day, but happy 50th anyway".

it was at my godson's father's gun club and i couldn't have asked for anything to go better. I have never seen my dad cry OR drink as much as he did on saturday. i admit, i was nervous as to how he'd respond to the surprise but he cried and hugged my brother and i as he opened the door. throughout the party, whenever i came near him, he would grab my beer and drink the whole thing. I didn't think anything of that - it was his birthday, why not? UNTIL later that night when EVERYONE was saying the same thing - hence why he couldn't feel his feet at the end of the night and literally had to be helped to the car. it was by far one of the best parties i've ever been to, let alone thrown, and it's definitely a day i'll never forget. here are a few of my favorite pictures from the night (visit my facebook for two whole albums of pictures!)







1 comment:

MACK ATTACK said...

I'm so glad this went off without a hitch! Great job planning Shan! Your father will remember that day for the rest of his life, and the beautiful daughter that made it happen!