Thursday, February 5, 2009

Weird Coincidence

I distinctly remember Valentines Day 2007. It was a Wednesday and I had JUST started interning at Coyne. I had only been there about two weeks when a HUGE snowstorm hit. Seton Hall canceled classes but I still went into work. At about 11 or 12, Tom Coyne made an announcement that we could all go home. My roommates and I were all newly single (and bitter about the awful holiday) so I was excited to drive back to school and spend the rest of the day with them. Like I said, I was very new and the commute was still very new. It was snowing BAD and as I got onto Route 80, I was going about 25 miles an hour and could see hardly anything. Somehow, I missed the exit for 280 and continued on 80. It felt like it took FOREVER to get to the next exit, but finally it came. It was the exit for Route 46. I took the exit and pulled into the Wendy's that was right there as I merged onto 46. I remember walking into the Wendy's in my dressy shoes (this was back in the day when I got dressed up for work and CLEARLY before my GPS days..) and I asked the Wendy's guy how to get back to 280. He looked at me like I was an idiot and told me to turn around and get back on 80. I did that, and before I knew it, I recognized where I was. AT WORK. there are no signs to get onto 280 going West so I literally went back to work and turned around. About 2 hours after I had originally left Coyne, I made it back to South Orange. I decided to stop at Burger King and buy lunch for all my roommates, knowing full well that it was snowy and gross and on top of that it was the dreaded Valentine's day.

Now, it's two years later, I'm almost 23, and I've been through a lot of Valentine's days. But that one, in 2007, is still one of my favorites. My roommates were so excited and a day watching funny, UNsappy movies while there was a blizzzard outside was exactly what we all needed.

On a side note, I now pass that Wendy's every day to and from work. I thought I was so lost on that day, in some random town, and now i LIVE here. What a coincidence.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I'm glad you don't wear fancy shoes anymore...at least not on snowy days. Though i think you should consider wearing a winter coat on a daily basis...

Adrian said...

Just remember, next time you're on 80, just go west and it will take you all the way to Omaha. :)

KayleighAnn said...

i loved that day too <333

xoxo, afl.