Sunday, October 12, 2008

All in the family

This is one of the best feelings in the world (and even though last night ended horribly, this was a great way to start it...)

As I was walking to the PATH with Annie and Lila, I get a text from Nicole - who is home from Ohio for the weekend. Liz is also on fall break and home for the weekend and it's very unusual that they're home and I'm not. Since I technically live pretty close to home (under two hours) whenever I find out someone is coming home I make it a point to be home too. However, it was Kayleigh's birthday party in NYC and I couldn't miss it. But needless to say, I was sad I was going to miss hanging out with my lobsters.

Nicole's text said, "we're meeting at your house, i miss you." after speaking to my mom this morning, I found out that Liz and my mom were hanging out for a little bit during the day, Liz was trying to help fix the whole room fiasco that is currently happening at my house, then Liz and my mom went for dinner. Tom and Nicole were calling to meet up with Liz so she told them to just come by my house. My mom sounded so excited because they all hung out there for about an hour before heading out for the night. Tom even left his car there. In a way this makes me sad and makes me miss them even more, but it in a completely different way it makes me so incredibly happy. This is what I mean when I say they are my family.

No comments: