Monday, October 27, 2008

I need a weekend to recover from this weekend.

Here I am on a Monday night, at 9:35p, and I'm ready for bed. To be honest, if it weren't for the Phillies playing Game 5 of the World Series, I'm pretty sure I'd have already passed out.

This weekend was nonstop craziness. In case you're interested, here it goes:

Friday
5:30p - Left work
7:30p - arrived in Ewing, NJ to meet up with Tom for dinner at IHOP (a favorite of ours) and then met up with Nick and Carl from high school. Friday was Vern's 23rd birthday - we've all been friends since...7th grade. His girlfriend planned this surprise so that she would bring him in and he'd see us. He was so surprised. It was such a good night with old good friends.

Saturday
3:00a - finally go to sleep after a long night at the bar and some french onion soup at the diner.
6:45a - wake up after my mom called (I was silently cursing her)
7:00a - left Ewing
8:10a - arrived in Fairfield, NJ for Joe Perri's 5K.
1:00p - passed out on my bed
7:00p - woke up from my nap/coma
8:15p - met up with Desiree, my roommate/best friend from freshman year at SHU in Hoboken for an open bar

Sunday
2:00a - find myself en route to South Orange unexpectedly with Desi & Co.
4:00a - pass out
9:00a - wake up because I am slowly but surely turning into my mother (she wakes up at 4a daily, even though she doesn't have to be at work until 7a)
1:00p - drive back to Clifton
2:00p - drive to Nutley to see Ally G's dance competition (I'm their good luck charm - they won first!)

I'm tired from just rehashing it all. Now, I'm off to watch the Phillies hopefully win the World Series!

No comments: