Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Do I run like Phoebe?

For the past few nights I've been making it a point to go running after getting home from work. Ok...so maybe 'running' is a little misleading. I do more of a walk then run then walk thing. To be honest, I haven't ran on a consistent basis since high school (4 years ago!). But I'm getting back into the swing of it - I really need to. I really want to just join a gym but they're all so expensive. So I'm just making due with my little dumbbells and my legs. (I'll have you know that I'm currently winning a 'weight loss challenge' with some people at work!!).

So tonight I went for my walk/run and during a running portion I couldn't help but wonder....Do I run like Phoebe Buffay? I sure hope not but like I said, I haven't run on a regular basis in such a long time so sometimes I wonder. I'm not sure if this is because my walk/run routine has been giving me much more time to just think about things or if its because I am a Friends freak.

I am obsessed with it. It's a little absurd but who cares. Just in case you've been living under a rock for the past 14 years, here's a clip of what I'm talking about. Honestly, I find myself constantly comparing my life to a Friends episode - and when I say constantly, I mean multiple times a day. In fact, just today I remember making a Friends reference during lunch with two of my friends (although I cannot, for the life of me, remember what it was...)

I'm not sure what to make of this but I do know one thing - I can always count on Friends to make me laugh. (the tv show AND my real ones).

1 comment:

Shorts & A Hoody said...

That was a powerful ending