Saturday, October 11, 2008

kicked out.

This afternoon my roommate and I went to the mall. While she was in the dressing room at Old Navy, I decided to call my mom, say hi, see how she was. She also mentioned helping me out with my halloween costume (and my teams halloween costume for that matter...) so I just wanted to touch base about that.

However, when I called home, my brother answered. I asked what he was doing and he said "nothing I'm just upstairs." I asked, "where's mom?" he said "upstairs." so he puts my mom on the phone and come to find out they're upstairs reorganizing "my" room.

let me explain. at my parents house, there are two bedrooms on the second floor. Being the older sibling, I naturally got the larger bedroom. When I moved in July (and even before that) my brother had been talking about how he was going to switch rooms when I left. It took me a while to be okay with that but I really had no right to have the larger bedroom when I'm only there one or two weekends a month. I gave in and told him he could switch the rooms, but I made it very clear that I didn't want him to just throw all of my stuff into his old room. There had to be some order to it so that when I finally go home again for a relaxing weekend, I won't have to sit and sort through things the entire time. I don't think I was being unfair, and frankly I didn't really care because after all, I was the one giving him the larger bedroom.

Then today when I was on the phone, I found out that not only is my brother taking my room, but all of sudden they think my queen sized bed won't fit into the smaller room. SO now he isn't just stealing my room - but my bed too. My lovely lovely bed that is only a few years old. I don't know why but this really pissed me off. It's my bed. not his. and there's no way that I want to go home and sleep in his dirty old twin sized bed.

But you want to know the best part? A few years ago when my dad redid the larger bedroom for me, he let me paint it whatever color I wanted. Being obsessed with green, my obvious choice was a very bright green. I even got these awesome green and white polka dot curtains and comforter/sheet set. I hope he has an awesome time trying to mack it with his girly green walls. That's all I have to say about that.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I bet it's painted by the time you head home for a visit...to stay in the little room with the dirty twin size bed :-)