Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I love lobsters


There are few things I love more in this world than these four people.

Liz, Nicole, Tom and Phil are my four best friends. We've all been friends for over 10 years now (a DECADE! that makes me feel so old). and I can honestly say that I don't know where I'd be without them. This past summer was monumental for us though. I moved from Atco to Clifton, Tom moved to Manayunk (outside of Philly), Phil moved to Maryland and Liz and Nicole both went back for another semester of school. Liz to Maryland and Nicole to Ohio.

When I hear friends from school talk about their friends from home, I realize how truly lucky I am. I've always known I lucked out in the friend category (I'll fight to the death that mine are the best), but here's the difference: most people are like "wow I'm so excited to hang out with so and so on Friday!" When I go home to "meet up" with my friends, I usually don't spend much time withOUT them. That is one of the things I love most about them. Not only are they my best friends, they are literally my family. When we're all home for a weekend, it is not unusual for us to spend both nights together, sleep at the same place, and wake up saturday AND sunday mornings to recap the nights before.

This picture was taken during one of the best weekends of my summer. Nicole had come home from ohio for a week or so and we all made sure to come back so we could hang out. It was one of those weekends where we spent practically the entire weekend together. I even remember going back to work the following Monday and talking to Tom (via text) about what an amazing weekend it was.

A couple of years ago, I was watching the tv show, Friends (another obsession of mine) and I was watching the episode with the prom video. Any other Friends freak probably knows exactly what I'm talking about, but for those of you who don't, there's a scene where Phoebe explains to Ross, Chandler and Monica the following: "Come on, you guys, it's a known fact that lobsters fall in love and mate for life. You know what, you can actually see old lobster couples walking around their tank, you know, holding claws…" Now I know we're not couples but we're definitely together for life so from that night on, we've referred to ourselves as lobsters.

Like I wrote before, you give me any situation and I'll find the perfect quote for you. Here is the perfect quote for me and my lobsters: and even though we've changed and we're all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not all still friends.

i love you guys.

No comments: